Friday, February 06, 2009


This is my view...chillin in the Waldorf.

I decided against room service. I had my soup and...don't get me wrong. It was nice. But I wasn't about to pay $26 for filet mignon that came with no sides. So, instead I went out for Thai...again. I went to the doctor on monday and the four of us. Erica, Drew, Mom and I went to a great thai restaurant. I had a red curry and drew had a yello with mango. We ended up mixing them. It was great!

The doctor visit itself went fine. My medications have been stepped down again and so far i'm doing fine. On the way up to boston, we stopped at my friend's Julies house and I got to play with Kaden. I think he likes me.

And now i'm sitting in the Waldorf. Marta had a ticket, through her company, to the Viennes Opera Ball. Hence, the Waltz playing. She is staying at the Waldorf and I decided to take a mini vacation. I'm sitting in the lobby with my cousin Kate, (who is here with her parents) and were just people watching the people in the gowns and tux and tails. I also had a half a bottle of wine in the room. It's a good thing i brought the wine with me...if I had tried to get this buzz off of room service it would have cost me $70 and a kidney.

I'm actually really sleepy so I'm going to add the picture and post this. Maybe I'll try being more coherent tomorrow.

-Elizabeth

8 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just curious... what does one wear in the lobby of the Waldorf when people watching? So glad Kate is there too. Marta may not join you until 4:00am. I've heard all about that crazy ball.

Love you-

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger katrina said...

Would they settle for $70 and some stem cells....?

Glad you had such a great time! The Waldorf will never be the same, I'm sure. (did you sketch? did'ya, huh?)

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a nice place to be. I'm with you on the food prices though. Yikes.
Love & Hugs

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I was so excited to find a blog update and what fun news to find! When I worked in NYC I loved to wander the lobbies of the fancy hotels and people watch, see those grand huge flower arrangements and use the lobby bathrooms (sure beat the ones in the subway) One could always afford a drink in their nice bars as an alternate for the restaurants which I could never afford. Can't wait to hear about the ball. Enjoy! (did you check out the Waldorf salad?) Mrs H

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized your blog was posted last Friday and your coach has probably turned back into a pumpkin and you're right here in Mahopac Strike up the "How ya gonna keep them down on the (Baldwin Place)farm" song. Welcome Home! Mrs H

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Monica Rose said...

Hope you had a wonderful mini vacation! I'm very happy to hear that things are going well! <3

Love you!
- Monica

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice. Wine makes so many things more pleasant. Glad to hear the meds continue to be reduced!

Smiles!
Di

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth,
From Arlington to Sun City and on to Jacksonville, the folks are sending their love and best wishes. They hope that you're using this time well (studying for the Clep; putting together Italy concert DVD; cleaning the house; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home