Tuesday, September 09, 2008


It's all about us.


Mom is massaging Elizabeth's aching ankles, I've got the recliner and Elizabeth is managing to keep the pizza she just ate down, so we're calling this visit a win.


My pelvis hurts. Could be because there are millions more stem cells than should be in there. Elizabeth told the nurse she could throw out mom if she gets out of line, but that she had to be nice to me--I figure I have until the harvest on Thursday to remain unconditionally in her good graces. After that I'll have to start trying again.


On Sunday, I had my first injections and tutorial to "Do It Yourself." Erica kept me company while I was waiting quite anxiously for my hormone injection lesson, while Carol and Marta visited Elizabeth..thank God for sisters. Since then, I have been shooting up every morning. Caroline sent an email. It made me laugh. Thought I'd share:


Top 6 songs to sing while getting injections:
6) Who Shot Ya by Notorious BIG
5) Big Shot by Billy Joel
4) Shot in the Dark by Ozzy Osbourne
3) Shot through the Heart (or whatever body part) by Bon Jovi
2) Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar

and the number 1 song:
1) I Shot the Sheriff (or the person who is injecting me) by Bob Marley.


Unfortunately, I'm the one injecting me, so shooting myself just results in more injections, but the sentiment is certainly appreciated. In the grand scheme of things, the injections are really not that painful. It's the throbbing ache in every bone of my body that is making things rather uncomfortable. I can sense relief just around the corner...Thursday, 7 AM.... The nurse says if I am feeling up to it, I may be able to come see my stem cells get infused into Elizabeth after the harvest...it will be my last opportunity to give those little suckers a pep talk before they get to work, so I will see what I can do.


So the theme for the day: Songs relating to injections/shooting up. Enjoy, you addicts.


And today's shout out is to those of you leaving comments--it's helping the group up here from feeling so isolated from the group down there (or where ever you are!) So thanks guys! You ROCK!

16 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Mrs. Fitz said...

It's great to hear from you, happy to hear every thing is going to plan. Hang in there, you and your family are in our prayers and thoughts.

Much Love,
Mom Fitz

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Monica Rose said...

Katrina, you tell those stem cells who's boss! Good luck this week!!!!

Love, Monica

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Liz and Katrina,
(Ooops and Mil, too!) You guys paint pictures with your words. How great a gift you all have. Make sure you give those stems a good talking to, while we are praying. Thanks for making me feel like I "Rock"! Keep up the good talk.
Love, Aunt Millie SC

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Bang Bang, My Baby Shot Me Down" by Sony Bono and "Who Shot Liberty Valance" Any others?

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "Shoot Me Again" by Metallica? You guys manage to make us laugh every time you write. It's definitely a talent. Stay strong and make those cells work for you!
Maria N.

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Katrina,

We had a great dinner with Chuck/Charlie/Uncle Chuck on Monday.

Wishing you all the best and thinking of you.

Love, Janette

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there with you! I hope the pain and discomfort passes soon and the HEALING begins! But don't think things are a peaches just because I'm down here working-

"Is it time to go home yet?"
"I'm hungry!"
"Can you tie my shoe?"
"I miss my mommy!!"
"He stabbed me with a pencil!"
"She keeps looking at me!"
"Watch this!" (As he jumps on a partially emptied juice bag!!!!)

Ah-yes! Week one back in first grade!!

Miss you all-
YBS

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we commentators rock, no big deal. But you Katrina are Rocky II, Elizabeth Rocky I, and Mil? With no disrespect intended toward Dwayne Johnson, Mil is The Rock! And you all, and many of us, continue to put faith and confidence in the Rock of Ages. Okay, enough of this. We're with you in our prayers!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger katrina said...

My only question is, are these two students talking TO each other?

"She keeps looking at me!"
"He stabbed me with a pencil!"


Because if that's a dialogue, it is perfectly understandable why she keeps looking at him!!!

Just one more reason I'm happy to teach high school...

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, who could forget two of my personal favorites (?!) Shooting Star by Foreigner and Inject the Machine by ...... not sure of the artist but you can google the inspiring (?!) lyrics and download ringtones. Keep up the good work girls!!!! Mrs H

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't had time to post, I was busy making soup, writing cards, covering a German Club meeting, etc. Needless to say you're not far from my thoughts. I just came back from bell choir. It was strange for the two of you not to be there. We didn't really play anything, Scott was actually being "Mr. Efficient", handing out a schedule for the year and consulting on convenient rehearsal dates. We tried out the bells just so the new people could learn how to hold them. It just felt so good to hear them again and find my #5 gloves in the box along with the towel that was used to wrap the bottle of wine the was brought home in the bell case. Sooo many great memories!
We'll all be making an extra effort to send positive thoughts your way beginning early tomorrow morning for a safe journey for the stem cells from one sister to another.
Love,
Georgette

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cactus butt,

I was just going throw some pictures that I have in a box and guess what. All the pictures were from Mahopac. I love to think alot about those days. I had a great time with all of you and I miss that time so much. So now you know what is your job. Talk to your stem cell to do their job as well as they can. We all will pray and think about all of you and especialy you and Liz. take care and GOOD LOOK.
with love Lucy (dork) :))).

 
At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just about the head to NYC this morning, but my mind is snd will be in Boston. I pray that everything goes smoothly today for everyone and the healing begins.

Marta

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Monica Rose said...

Good luck ladies!!!! Love you Elizabeth! :)

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol --

That "Watch this" could have been much worse... even in 1st grade. :)

Katrina --

Praying that the pain is manageable and that you've given those stem cells a good stern talking to so they really understand their job.

EJ (& Mil) --

We're getting into the home strech. Keep Smilin!

Health & blessings,
Susan

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you this week.

Katrina - my daughter is friends with one of your students - she likes you a lot - she told us the German alphabet - I love "Y" - it's so shall we say, Greek? (epsilon).

You're in my prayers.

I'm an only child; however, if I had siblilngs, I'd want them to be as devoted to one another as you guys are.

Hope to see you both soon.

Love and very best wishes,

Diana Markowitz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home