Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hello out there.

So, this has been an interesting week. Overall, not much to report. Friday was nice, but I kind of overdid it a bit. I made it through dinner and almost to dessert, before I went lighthead and started to pass out. I had my friend Georgette lead me out of the resteraunt so that I wouldn't trip over anything. Then of course movement made me sick so that wasn't pleasant. And then mom had to calm down the waiter who thought it was the quickest case of food poisoning he had ever seen. So, mom and I left before the dessert and coffee, but I think the evening was still a success.
Saturday was a lazy day and I skipped church on Sunday. We did go up to my cousin Barbara's for Mother's Day, which was very nice. The sisters even went snooping at some of the model homes in Barb's neighborhood to see what they were like. It was kind of amusing. They all brought their drinks, and I don't dring when I do chemo. (I try to limit my types of poison at any given time.) However, when we left the last house, Marta was holding me up on one side and Katrina on the other, while Carol got the door. So, you know that those women working the open house thought I was drunk. We didn't stop to explain.
I played hookie from work both yesterday and today. I took my last Kytrl yesterday, and I wanted to make sure my stomache would hold with out it. The morning wasn't great, but I was mostly fine for the rest of the day.
So, tomorrow it's back to work with a quick stop after to see Dr. Ahmed and have my blood work done. See how the chemo is treating my system. I also have to start memorizing and working on music for this weekend. For those of you who don't know. I am in my church choir....along with quite a few of my family. We are going to sing in Italy this summer. (Don't look at me like that. I know I'll been in the hospital for a month. ...But I AM going to Italy.)
So as a practice run to our Italy concerts we are performing on Saturday. However, I have been more than a little neglectiful in learning the pieces. Most of them I already know, so thats a bit of a relief, but there is one piece that I do need to learn. Oh. and last year I suggested that we bring the handbells with us to Italy. It was a great recruitment measure for those who wanted to go to Italy, but couldn't sing. We now have a very full handbell choir, but our insane director got it into his head that we should memorize the piece. I have yet to do that either. On the plus side I practiced my solo for the first time with him today. It's not bad. I have to breathe a lot more than usual. One of the draw backs of chemo and surgery, but it doesn't suck. So, I think it should be OK.
So here is my gratuitous plug. We need money to pay, not only for the orchestra here, but also for the hired orchestra in Italy. To raise that money, we need to put people in the seats on Saturday. So, if you could.
Saturday May 17th at 7:30pm
Grace Lutheran Church in Yorktown Heights
Admission is $10
It's going to be a blast. And you can come see the last time I will perform with this much hair for at least a year. I think I have had thinning or no hair for every concert for the last 2 years. You can also feel free to point and laugh at the handbells. We won't mind.
Alright. I'm going for an early bed tonight. I have work in the morning.
-Elizabeth

11 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I believe I am first even a broken clock is right twice a day....Don't ask how its a long story.

Mr. Bill told us of your new bout, so I look in on you from time to time. I keep your I8 friends informed too so I apologize in advance for any wayward commentators. Keep going forward and I'll continue to talk to my friend John. Hey I'll follow along.....

C.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Mrs. Fitz said...

It's good to hear from you. We are sorry that you are having a hard time,we know that you are strong and will fight your way through this. Take care you are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Mr.& Mrs Fitz

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Liz,

sorry to hear that you are going through this again. But you are strong and you will do good. The whole family is thinking and praying for you. take care and I´ll bet you will be great in Italy.
Luc

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My check is in the mail for a cuple seats at Saterdays show. Please feel free to find a homeless person, elderly person or large stuffed animal to put in the seats I am paying for. I just don't think I can make the show from here and I have to work on Saterday.
Love ya lots.
Lisa

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger katrina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EJ you sounded like an angel tonight! Great job!

LYBS
Carol

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Handbells were terrific and your solo was awsome. As always, you amaze me. Your mom

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT'S NEW??????

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed the performance.... we had a H.S. reunion on L.I. Sat. evening. I continue to think of you and pray for you constantly Elizabeth. Listen to your mother.. . and don't overdo it.
Love, Phyllis R.

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We rocked the concert - dirty looks from Scott or not!! Your solo was beautiful! I can't wait for Italy - I'm looking forward to having you as my partner in crime - ok maybe just partner in drinking wine on a gondola or something...

Love Jen

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Liz, I know you'll laugh. I've got more of these coming... all you have to do is post updates for us. And please tell me when you use some of these responses.
For all of you who haven't seen Liz's most recent scar, read #4 below.
Love, Erica

Top 10 Responses To Nosy Questions About Scars

10. Never go to Mother's Tattoo Parlor when you're high.
9. You think that's bad, you should see the exit wound.
8. I self-mutilate. Don't you?
7. Those damn flesh-eating bacteria are spreading, slowly but surely.
6. That's where the government put the chip to track my movements.
5. It's the only way to smuggle drugs these days.
4. What scar? What are you talking about? Oh my God! That's HUGE!
3. I had to sell organs to get off the street.
2. I should have listened when Mom said not to scratch that mosquito bite.
1. That's where my Siamese twin was attached.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home