Thursday, October 05, 2006

Maybe all is well...

Wow. That didn't sound confident. So, I went back for my PET scan today, and then met with my doctor. Yes, there was some elevated activity in a lymph node. But that doesn't neccesarily mean that it's cancer. It could be the left over tissue disipating or it could be a fungal infection. Apparently that happens a lot. Anyway though, it's not a pressing matter and we have adopted the wait and see approach. I will continue to go for my scans and if there are changes in the size towards the smaller we won't worry, if it is towards the larger...then we will reassess. But in the mean time my doctor is confident that it is nothing to be concerned about. So, thanks for the pleasant thoughts. They worked much better this time. Now, I have to pack as I am dissapearing for the weekend. We are kidnapping Carol for her birthday. I'd tell you where we are going, but it's a surprise and carol checks the blog.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. - Elizabeth

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! Now you can enjoy your getaway!

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news. Of course that's what we all knew anyway.

Have a great week end........you deserve it.

P.S. Mil and Gary; have a good stong drink.....you deserve that!!!

Annie S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home