Monday, March 13, 2006

OK. So, I've never blogged before and I'm horrible about keeping a diary or a journal. However, it has been suggested that this would be an excellent way to keep people informed about my current medical crisis. As such, I will try to be faithful in updating so that this will be an infomative site as to what is actually happening.

And now for the disclaimer. When I do write, I don't tend to edit my words, so bad words sometimes slip through. Also, I also have a healthy sense of the ridiculous and that tends to color my writings in a, maybe, not so appropriate way. Most people tend to find my ramblings amusing, however, if after reading a few you are offended, you should probably stop. They won't be getting any better.

On to a little background. My name is Elizabeth Bauerlein. I am 27 years old and I have been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. I will be posting some of my ramblings. These are just writings that I use to help me sort-out my own head. To make it easier for you, I am going to put titles on them and try to run them through spell check. But besides that, they will be unedited-elizabeth-weirdness. I'll post the first one shortly. Thats all. -Elizabeth

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Liz,

I am sorry to hear about your health problems. but I do and also my family does believe that you are a strong person and will fight with it and you will be the winner. your the best Liz :o)

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth,

A couple of things:
We are supposed to encourage you, but the most encouraging thing is what you write about your ordeal. Seldom have we known soeone who is so together, humor and all. Keep up the chatter, it helps us, too.

Congrats on your having mastered the first treatment. Only comment on that: Hope your insurance pays well! NEULASTA is what keeps pharmeceutical execs in clover and in Rolls Royces and Lamberghinis. Darn those white blood cells!

Some day, in quieter times, you can look up the place called "Walhalla" in Nordic mythology and find out what kind of place it really is, but not now. By all means, keep going to Valhalla!

Fight the good fight and tell Fred where to get off. We are rooting and praying for you. Some day, in the not too distant future, we'll get together and tell chemo and radiation war stories. Been there, done that.

In the meantime may God give you and Mom & Dad he strength to see this through. You will, that much is certain.

Waltraud und Gerhard (Maryland Delegation)

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

11/17/06
Hi Elizabeth, Sorry to hear you've got to go through this all over again. Hang in there, kiddo, you're going to get through this too. Blessings!!!!! love, Brit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home