Friday, March 24, 2006

Nap Day

Sorry for the less than stellar blogging today. However, I did get you the story of Fred, so that should answer some questions.
Interestingly enough, I did not get to go skiing today. For the first time I woke up with the upset tummy, ache body....part of this chemo thing. Talk about delayed reactions. Anyway, by the time I got myself sorted out, I had missed out on quite a bit of the day. It wasn't unproductive though. I watched a movie, I blogged, badly, I read a little, I got over the nausea rather quickly, but I was tired for the rest of the day.
Carol, Katrina and the boys went skiing and Mom and Dad went cross country shopping. They all seemed to have good days to. Marta, Steve, John, Chuck and Drew arrived tonight and we spent some time trying to negotiate car arrangements for the morning. Not as easy as you might think. We have shoppers, non-skiiers who admit that they are non-skiiers, non-skiiers who pretend that they are still skiiers, but in actuality hang out in the lodge drinking and watching the skiiers, and then two different groups of skiiers with different ski levels. Those who need to rent. Those who need ski slow because they don't ski often, those who don't ski all that well but like to pretend they do by going as fast as they can, those who like to follow those going as fast as they can. ...I think I am starting to ramble.
I was actually hoping that I would be able to ski Outer Limits this year. This is probably not my year though. Damn. And I was so looking forward to getting a poster that said, "I skiied Outer Limits". However, I think that if I were to attempt it, my mother might shoot me. She is already giving me instructions about who I can sit next to in the lodge. "If they look like they have a cold you should avoid them. And small children, stay away from them because they are always sick. And their parents, the parents of the children get just as sick. Don't forget to wash your hands alot. .." You get the idea. I'll let you all know how it goes. Hey, if I'm really shaky on the mountain then tomorrow that may make for a very funny post. I'll fill you in on all the details. - Elizabeth

4 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two comments from Chapel Hill:
a. Lizzy, I'm so glad the chemo is being good/bearable to you! Hope you are having a good time and even if you can't make it on the slopes, enjoy your time out of the house.
b. Skiers, please don't let Drew hurt himself. You didn't tell him about Outer Limits, did you?!?!
Love, Erica

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, now look who is taking over comic site #1-Marta! I am actually up early doing the 'working from home' thing and had a couple of minutes in between reports running. I love the description of the ski planning. Only the ones with a big family (or extended family) will get it. Have a wonderful time and yes, stay away from the people with colds - listen to your mom!
Enjoy the time together.
Love to all,
Janette

p.s. There are even MORE boxes in the neighbor's garage-I will keep you posted on a tag sale, if there is one today.
The Stalker.....

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom is right! They make masks so you don't breathe in the germs while you are super susceptible. Waltraud had to wear one for a while.

Your ramblings are priceless. I'm actually looking forward to them, for my own entertainment. If only the occasion were a happier one. Have you considered writing as a sideline?

The best to you and everybody, special regards and wishes to Mom and Dad.

Gerhard

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,
I can so relate about your Mom saying stay away from so and so they could be sick and then everyone within 5 feet of them could be sick. My mom is so much alike! Are they closet twins?! And now I feel the competitive edge because Scott & Michelle beat me to commenting first! Thinking of you often and enjoying your postings.
Love, Lisa Christensen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home