Thursday, March 16, 2006



Hodgkins or non-Hodgkins...that is the question.

Actually, it has already been answered. What we thought was Hodgkins going into my Wednesday appointment has turned out to be non-Hodgkins. Fine, whatever. I'm just going with the flow. This is just a quick rundown of recent events.
On tuesday I went in for a second CT scan of my abdomen and pelvic region. For this fun scan I was required to drink 2 bottles of this "lemon flavored" (Hah!) liquid that was going to light my insides up like a christmas tree. In typical Elizabeth fasion I drank it out of one of my margarita glasses. (See picture)
On wednesday morning mom went to Putnam Hospital to pester them into giving her all of the paperwork and materials that they had on me, so that we could give it to the oncologist. Only mom would threaten to wait in a doctor's waiting room for two hours unless she was helped sooner. I think she only waited 15 minutes.
Wednesday afternoon we headed to valhalla to see the oncologist. We found out it is a non-hodgkins lymphoma. The Doctor then thought it would be amusing to shove a needle into my hipbone and steal some marrow. I have to say - NOT the most pleasant experience. We all know that I am a wuss about pain, but this was ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that the marrow hangs out inside the bone to avoid being removed from the body. Man, I hate needles.
So, tommorow I go for a PET scan and then meet again with the doctor. I'll have a better idea of course of treatment then.
In other news, my little sister Erica is coming in the morning. ("And there was much rejoicing" - Monty Python) She is flying in for my sister Katrina's 30th Birthday Party which is going to be held in conjunction with Erica's boyfriend, Drew's birthday. Since this quite possibly be my last weekend to drink for awhile, I intend to make full use of it. Thats pretty much it for now. Don't forget to look at the picture. -Elizabeth

4 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Amy Sayegh said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I've been in bed sick all day since yesterday, I could use a margarita for medicinal purposes right about now. I think on St. Patricks day, live it up. It's just what the doctor ordered.
Love,
Amy

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger katrina said...

First off all, I'm glad Elizabeth doesn't have Hodgkin's Disease, because she can't spell it.
Secondly, I have a suggestion: why can't they just do all the tests at once? First the starve you, then they make you drink radioactive goop, then they stick you with a huge mother-jumping needle while you stew (in the goo) and then you get scanned for glowing body parts. Huh? Huh? Lastly, you're all a bunch of alcoholics.

Love you, Elizabeth.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz,
do not give up drinking.and if you have to do it just for the time you have to. drinking is good. I´ll bring you some good slovak slivovica.
and sorry for my english and spelling.../cactus butt-Katrina:o)/
Liz take care. we all pray for you.
love Lucia and family

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet some taquilla would make that "lemon flavored" stuff taste beter, or at least you wouldn't catre that you had to drink so much.

Mr. Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home